Job Description / Duties
The Manager, Talent Development Partnerships provides leadership and overall strategic direction to Co-op, Career and Work-Integrated Learning (CCWIL) employer services, including the strategic management of Conestoga Talent Hubs featuring centralized employment services.
With accountability for the development, implementation and ongoing management of an ambitious employer outreach and engagement strategy across all CCWIL service areas, the incumbent is responsible for developing relationships with local, provincial, and national employer communities to increase and accelerate the hiring of Conestoga students, alumni, and community job seekers.
The Manager, Talent Development Partnerships leads strategic planning and goal setting for the Talent Team unit comprised of seven full-time support staff members. As a member of the CCWIL leadership team, the Manager works collaboratively in a team-based environment to contribute to the setting and achievement of CCWIL goals and objectives.
Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus as required.
• Provides strategic direction and leadership to an overarching CCWIL employer services strategy that encompasses Co-op, Career and Work-Integrated Learning service areas
• Co-ordinates the development and implementation of annual and multi-year goal setting and action plans in alignment with the overall CCWIL/Talent Hub strategic plan
• Develops the annual budget for employer outreach and engagement. Tracks and monitors expenses on an ongoing basis
• Leads the development of an ambitious and centralized employer services strategy to meet the employment needs of students, alumni, and clients
• Enhances industry and employer engagement with the College by facilitating connections and referrals to support talent development initiatives, potential research partnerships, donations/sponsorships and other unique branding opportunities
• Directs the development and implementation of a varied employer engagement menu to attract employers and expand recruitment through virtual and on campus options
• Devises innovative industry-driven program and/or mentorship frameworks for programming to increase employer engagement and elevate employers’ participation in talent development
• Works collaboratively with the CCWIL management team to develop ethical recruiting, job posting and other policies and procedures to guide employer relations and engagement activities
• Leads the design and development of a central online employer gateway to streamline and enhance employer access and connections. Oversees the Conestoga website content related to employer services/Talent Hubs at Conestoga
• Contributes to the design of an effective employer marketing and communication strategy and annual plan including networking, print and electronic resources, social media, email campaigns, employer newsletters
• Leads the design and management of an employer database supporting recruitment functions and ensures current and accurate employer records and recruiting activities are maintained;
• Establishes continuous assessment and improvement strategies for the Talent Team with a view to the quality, capacity and sustainability of programs and services. Ensures the effectiveness of Conestoga’s employer relations and recruitment strategies through benchmarking. Reports on Talent Team metrics, outcomes and other statistics as required;
• Recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates support staff within the Talent Hubs as required. Manages the day-to day functions of the Talent Hubs and the Talent Access Hubs located with Welcome Centres at specific campuses
• Strategically plans, develops, and implements programs and services to meet the recruitment needs of the employer and student/alumni communities
• Develops, implements and evaluates strategic initiatives to ensure the ongoing growth of relationships with the employer community at the regional, provincial and national levels
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Four-year Degree in Business, Public Relations or Human Resources
• Five years of supervisory and employer and/or stakeholder engagement experience
• Five years of business development experience
• Experience coaching, motivating and managing a team in a unionized environment
• Well-developed strategic planning and management skills with expertise in priority setting, program development and outcomes assessment
• Comprehensive knowledge of recruiting practices, programs and services with a sound understanding of labour market and employment trends and changing economic conditions
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion with knowledge of human rights, employment standards, occupational health and safety legislation and ethical recruiting guidelines
• Entrepreneurial with a strong customer service focus and a track record of building effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
• Superior interpersonal, written and presentation skills with demonstrated sales and marketing experience
• Event planning and coordination experience
• Ability to manage time effectively in co-ordinating multiple priorities
• Strong computer skills (Internet and database searching, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
For more information please visit:
Established in 1967, Conestoga now serves approximately 23,000 registered students through campuses and training centres in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Ingersoll and Brantford and is a provincial leader in apprenticeship training. Continuing education programs attract approximately 30,000 enrolments each year.
As the region’s only provider of polytechnic education, Conestoga plays an integral role in the success of our community: 65 per cent of our graduates remain in the area after completing their education, contributing more than $2.3 billion each year to the local economy. More than 50 per cent of the local adult population has accessed our services.
Conestoga delivers more than 300 career-focused programs, and has more degree offerings than any other college outside of the GTA, including Ontario’s only college-based, accredited engineering degrees.
As one of the country's top research colleges, Conestoga’s applied research activities support student learning and helps area businesses grow, innovate and improve their productivity.