The 2021 CACEE Virtual Conference promises to be THE premiere Professional Development and learning experience for employers, career educators, senior leaders, vendors and researchers working with students and new graduates in the post-secondary to career transition space. As Canada’s National network, connecting career educators and employers, we are on the hunt for innovative practice, cutting edge research, and nuggets of insight from influencers with a connection to our sector to make our program as robust, timely, and engaging as possible!
Sessions at this year’s CACEE Virtual Conference will be a blend of curated and open call content. You are invited to participate in our limited call for proposals which opens today, March 29, 2021, and will close on Friday, April 30, 2021.
This year's conference theme is Re-Imagining Campus Recruitment; Leveraging our Collective Intelligence. We invite session proposals that align with one of our programming sub-themes:
- Actionable EDI – Embedding and promoting Equity Diversity and Inclusivity in all that we do has never been more important when it comes to creating more inclusive communities and practice. Share your innovative practices and initiatives to better meet the needs of our diverse student populations and identities.
- Campus Recruitment – How are you connecting to talent and building engagement? Share your best practices, tools, trends, and topics to support talent acquisition, engagement, and development of student and new grad talent. Preference will be given to content that will be eligible for certification as HRPA CE credits
- Adapting to Our Virtual Reality – Success stories from professionals in the field, adapting to a new and rapidly changed workplace. From technological innovations to strategies that optimize virtual environments; share your best approaches to productivity, work-life balance, and a split workplace.
- Experiential Learning – Going beyond the classroom and solving real-world challenges in the workplace, EL is helping students acquire the skills of tomorrow. Share your innovative practices, initiatives and research from the realm of next generation experiential learning.
- Investing in your Talent Equity - Future-facing strategies for building and retaining our top talent – from onboarding, training and professional development for the skill focused economy share, how you are meeting the challenges and opportunities?
and, be scalable to one of the following formats:
- Poster Session – engaging display that combines copy, graphics, and thought provoking ideas. These will be displayed within a tab of the Virtual Conference Platform
- Educational Session (45 minutes) – dynamic sessions that provide a practical and intensive knowledge-building experience from subject matter experts. These sessions must allow for 5 – 10 minutes of Q & A and discussion
Your Proposal should include the following:
- 150 - 300 word description of your session; this will be used as the basis for the conference program – so make it catchy and build a connection with our audience!
- 2 – 4 bullet points outlining learning outcomes or key takeaways - What will participants experience? What will they come away with? How might they apply what they have learned in their day-to-day work?
- Connection to and explanation of how your session will nurture one (or more) of the CACEE Competencies
- Brief bios (75 – 100 words) and a high resolution .jpeg or .png head shot of each presenter
- CACEE accepts session proposals in both French and English
- Les sessions peuvent se dérouler en français ou en anglais. L'ACSEE accepte les propositions de sessions en français et en anglais.
To submit your proposal, click on the button below.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Friday, April 30, 2021. Once received, your proposal will be reviewed by the CACEE National Conference Program Committee and you will be notified if your proposal has been selected by Friday, May 28, 2021.
NB: This is anticipated to be a highly competitive process, so please put your best foot forward, adhere to the submission guidelines, and ensure your proposal is in before the deadline. Should your abstract be selected, you will receive complimentary registration.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss your submission in more detail, please contact Melanie Smilynov at the CACEE National Office at email@example.com.
Review of Important Dates:
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021
Notification of accepted proposals: By Friday, May 28, 2021
Deadline for final content submission (e.g. slide deck, poster, etc.): Monday, November 1, 2021