CACEE, with the support and partnership of Prepped, is pleased to release the 2022 Career Centre Resources, Services and Metrics: A Pan-Canadian Benchmarking Survey. This research, led by Dr. Christine Sjolander, the Vice-Chair of Academics and Instructor in the Faculty of Business at Capilano University is unique in that provides a national snapshot which:
- supports career leaders in their strategic planning and operational decision-making
- identify best practices and potential gaps in career development services
- fosters a common understanding of what ‘career education’ entails and where there may be opportunity for employer partnerships
Dozens of senior career centre leaders across the country took part in the survey and the report provides an in-depth exploration of core services, the innovation and challenges resulting from COVID-19, staffing and budgetary realties, partnerships with employers, diversity and inclusion, and key performance indicators/metrics.
Applications of the Research for Career Educators -
- Benchmark your career centre's programming, services, and operations with the full national landscape
- A catalyst for implementing best practices, new offerings, and innovation across your career centre operations
- Inform your decision making around staffing models, services, and programming in a hybrid reality
- Concrete data to support your business case for additional resources or increased focus on initiatives in areas like Indigenizaiton, Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA), employer partnerships, and. experiential learning
- Identify opportunities to strengthen your employer partnerships and enhance your measures of success in working with students and new graduates at your institution
Applications of the Research for Employers -
- Inform your campus recruitment strategy and identify opportunities for collaboration
- Gain perspective on the Indigenization, Inclusion, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) initiatives within career centres and on-campuses across the country
- Deepen your awareness of trends in experiential education and work-integrated learning; and, identify ways to leverage them to cultivate your talent pipeline
- Identity opportunities to strengthen your relationship with post-secondary career centres and address any gaps in your work with students and new graduates
Download the Executive Summary -
As a value-add to our professional community, you are able to access the Executive Summary with key findings and high level analysis from the latest research at no cost to you or your organization. The Executive Summary is available in both English and French.
Download the Executive Summary in English Téléchargez la sommaire en français
Attend the Webinar for Senior Career and Campus Recruitment Leaders -
A webinar for senior career and campus recruitment leaders s scheduled for October 27th, from 11:00 am - 12:15 pm Eastern where Dr. Sjolander will be walking through the key findings of the report and providing opportunities for attendees to reflect on the data, share best practices with each other, and spark ideas that will help to shape the future of post-secondary career services in Canada!
*Note* Registration fees for the webinar are inclusive of a digital copy of the Full Report. You will be provided with an access code upon registration.
Purchase the Full Report -
The Full Report, which takes a much deeper dive into the data offering robust analysis, implications for practice, and key recommendations based on the survey findings is available for purchase below. Please note that at this time, the Full Report is available in English only.
*Note* You will receive access to the report once full payment has been received.