(Concurrent internal & external posting)
(As per Article 10.2.3. of the Collective Agreement)
The successful candidate will have strong marketing, communication, interpersonal and management skills. They will be involved in business development and employer relations, student engagement and employment training, curriculum development and course delivery. The successful candidate will contribute to the day-to-day business of the Department of Cooperative Education.
The successful candidate will work with degree and diploma level Co-op students in marketing, accounting, business, computer science, University Transfer arts and sciences, as well as students in internships and practicums. This multi-tasking role requires excellent organization, problem-solving, coaching and presentation skills.
• Masters degree combined with a Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum one (1) year of full-time work experience in co-operative education, apprenticeship, practicum placement and / or in areas such as employment advising; OR one (1) year full time management experience in a related field deemed appropriate by the selection committee
• Post secondary co-operative education or related experiential learning positions experience
• Demonstrated experience in human resources, employability skills, training or career coaching
• Knowledge of student development, learning skills, career development, work search strategies, networking and employment trends
• Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed, pro-active, results oriented manner as part of a collaborative team
• Demonstrated experience in marketing and business development
• Computer competency including experience with database management, Blackboard
Length of appointment: One (1) year temporary appointment, with the possibility of extension
Start Date: May 1, 2010
Salary placement on Langara instructor’s salary scale in accordance with qualifications and experience.
Internal Candidates: To apply, send your resume, quoting competition # in the subject line of your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Candidates: To apply, send your resume, quoting competition # in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com
Deadline Date: April 8, 2010
Date Posted: March 24, 2011