Job Board/Babillard d'emplois > Associate Director Co-operative and Career Education - University of Guelph
This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting to the Director, Experiential Learning, you will be responsible for:
• Increasing the number of students participating in Cooperative Education (Co-op) and Work Integrated Learning (WIL) programs;
• Supporting the growing number of Co-op/WIL programs and students choosing a Co-op/WIL stream of their program;
• Ensuring that career development programming and services meet the needs of U of G students.
• Working closely with Deans and Associate Deans from all Colleges to ensure that the Co-op and Career needs of the Colleges and their students are being met;
• Overseeing the Co-operative Education and Career Education portfolio, and reporting directly to the Manager of Co-operative Education, Manager of Career Education and the Manager of Work-Integrated Learning Administration (The 3 teams in the Associate Director’s portfolio currently consists of 30 EL Hub team members);
• Working closely with the ORS leadership team to ensure efficient processes are managed for all aspects of Co-op/WIL enrolment management, supporting co-op student admission and capacity targets, and sitting on the co-op appeals committee;
• Chairing the Co-op Process Committee and the External Partnerships; and
• Ensuring an assessment plan is in place for all Co-op/Career programming with a continuous improvement process in place to ensure that the University of Guelph is consistently offering quality Co-op and Career Education programming.
To be considered for the position of Associate Director, Co-operative and Career Education, you must be skilled relationship builder with the following strengths:
• You combine a Masters degree in a related field with several years of relevant experience in developing, delivering and managing quality post-secondary Co-op and or WIL programs
• You have sound knowledge of organizational leadership and management in post-secondary institutions
• You possess experience with meeting compliance requirements (e.g., the national co-operative education and work-integrated learning (CEWIL) accreditation guidelines)
• You demonstrate a deep working knowledge of student development theory, pedagogy of EL and accessibility issues relevant to career development and transition to the workplace
• You have experience in developing assessment plans and continuous improvement processes
• You have developed excellent interpersonal and communication skills including marketing, account development and management skills, public speaking and public relations
• You have a strong knowledge of experiential learning theories, research and applications in an academic setting including career counseling, work-integrated learning, risk-management, community-engaged learning and labour market analysis
• You are a strategic and analytical thinker with proven team-building skills
To learn more and apply on-line visit:
Your vast knowledge of organizational management and extensive experience in spearheading quality post-secondary Co-op and/or WIL programs will make you a valuable addition to our Co-operative and Career Education team.
At the University of Guelph, our students benefit greatly from engaging directly in industries and communities where they can apply their learning in real-world contexts, develop essential employability skills, and gain a deeper understanding of the complex issues faced by employers and community organizations today.
The Co-operative and Career Education team is located in the Experiential Learning Hub, a critical department of the Student Affairs division that formally integrates a student’s academic studies with work experience including a participating employer/industry partnership.