This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
The Regional Director position is part of the Marketing/University relations position and reports directly to the Director of Canadian Institutional Relations. This position is responsible for the marketing of all programs to North American universities including both advisors and students within a particular geographic area. Our Regional Directors act as primary contact for university career counsellors, college articulation advisors, and secondary school guidance counsellors as well as study abroad advisors/directors, with responsibility for quality service and support to all relationships; primary focus on development and expansion of existing, as well as new, partnerships in full degree and study abroad.
Specifically, this position requires an enthusiastic and experienced professional who will operate independently and proactively with counsellors, advisors, students and staff. We encourage participation in the nationwide and local international education organizations like CBIE and CACEE. The three person Canada team works collectively on development; supporting the organizational mission and developing new programs and opportunities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Masters Preferred
- Previous experience studying, traveling, working or volunteering abroad
- Prefer 2 years experience minimum within the field of international education as evidenced by involvement with other related organizations, presentations, or service to the community.
- Strong recruiting skills and background
- Strong written, oral communication skills and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and dependability in a non-structured work environment
- Commitment to an extensive travel schedule (approximately 40% annually with intensive travel throughout multi-province region in fall and spring in accordance with Canadian university, college and secondary school schedules).
- Proficient computer skills are required, including knowledge of Microsoft Office package, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Supervision and leadership skills
- Administrative talent and expertise, multi-tasking approach
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally
- Deadline oriented
- Sales background
- Team player and team leader
Send a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to Chad DuMond at firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day on Sunday, 31st of July.
• Competitive Salary based upon experience with benefits including short and long term disability, RRSP benefits, educational and wellness benefit opportunities, 15 days vacation per year, paid holidays.
• Please no phone calls about this position
• Thank you to all individuals who apply and express interest in this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
GlobaLinks Learning Abroad is an international education organization providing opportunities for study in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, Asia and Europe. In its 20th year and having successfully sent more than 20,000 students abroad, the company is an application centre in Canada for 38 different Australian, New Zealand and UK universities and facilitates direct enrollment into Bachelors, Masters and Ph.D./Doctorate level degree programs. The organization also offers semester and year abroad programs, summer short course programs, specialty academic semester and non-semester programs, custom faculty-led short courses, and internships.