This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting to the Director, Management Career Services (MCS), the Employment Development Coordinator will develop and implement a comprehensive and sustainable employer development and engagement strategy for the Ontario market, and other markets as required. S/he recruits new employment opportunities that meet the growing student employment needs of the Bachelor of Commerce Co-op, Bachelor of Management Internship and Corporate Residency MBA programs, as well as graduating student opportunities for these programs.
This position will work from a home based office within the Greater Toronto Area.
• Engage and negotiate employer partnerships for all student programs, with particular emphasis on the Corporate Residency MBA program.
• Use a variety of techniques to develop and expand employer engagement with the Faculty of Management.
• Work with employers to ensure delivery of quality job postings.
• Attend industry events to maintain visibility of Dalhousie Management programs in the Ontario marketplace.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of a Customer Relationship Model for use by the MCS team to facilitate and maintain relationships with employers.
• Identify opportunities for employers to participate in on-campus events and interact with students.
• Monitor business and employment market trends.
• Provide regular progress reports to Director of Management Career Services.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree (Master degree preferred) in business or related field, plus approximately five years related experience, such as sales experience, preferably in the employment or recruitment industry. Demonstrated history of cultivating mutually beneficial relationships is required, with particular focus on business professionals within Ontario preferred. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, and superior client relationship management skills. The ability to communicate with, and understand the needs of, a diverse population is highly desirable.
As an employer of choice, Dalhousie University offers an attractive total compensation package, including a defined benefit pension plan, health and dental plans, a health spending account, an employee and family assistance plan, and a tuition assistance program.
This position is part of the Dalhousie Professional & Managerial Group (DPMG)
Salary: Salary Range: $46,179 - $62,477 per annum, plus possible market adjustment (ADM-05). This is a two-year term position.
Apply online now: http://www.careerbeacon.com/search/en/-1/-1/-1/-1/0/0/0/0/0/0/3/MB1301281174/244
Dalhousie is a leading, research-intensive Canadian university offering a wealth of programs through diverse faculties. With campuses located in Halifax and Truro, Nova Scotia, as well as a Medical School site in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dalhousie has more than 6,000 faculty and staff who make up the university’s energetic academic community. Dalhousie is proud to be named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2012 and 2013.
Graduates of the Faculty of Management are leaders and managers in the business sector, public sector, and civil society who live the Faculty’s vision of focusing on sustainability, managing with integrity, and getting things done. The Faculty has been recognized for its innovative, values-based approach to management education and research.