This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Next 36 is seeking a highly organized, motivated and efficient individual to join a team of 8 staff, and a growing network of mentors, advisors, volunteers and donors. The role will have responsibility for executing the alumni program, maintaining relationships and communications with alumni, and making them aware of opportunities. The Alumni Liaison will initially report to the Executive Director, but will work closely with the marketing, development and program delivery areas of the organization.
This new role is based in The Next 36 offices at Bloor and Avenue, in midtown Toronto. The ideal candidate is a recent university or college graduate and is a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident. This is a one-year contract for an individual who is prepared to build and manage a growing community. There is the possibility of full-time permanent employment after the first year.
• Coordinating the alumni newsletter (currently twice a year) and/or managing an alumni blog, which would highlight similar content in a more timely matter
• Organizing 6-8 alumni events, including 2 pitch events for alumni ventures, workshops and informal networking events
• Coordinating learning opportunities for alumni such as confidential peer mentoring and Entrepreneurship Institute course audits
• Coordinating the online delivery of learning and networking opportunities for alumni outside the GTA, such as: online chats, Google hangouts (or similar), with mentors, investors, etc.
• Maintaining a database of alumni and alumni ventures and posting news about them on social media, main N36 website, alumni blog, etc.
• Using the results of the alumni survey and institutional knowledge of alumni strengths, to engage alumni as volunteers in other N36 activities and events including Selection Weekend, alumni advisor roles, speaking opportunities, donor meetings, and selected career opportunities
• Deepening our awareness of strengths and opportunities for building our alumni network
• Ensure that alumni have the tools and the motivation to be N36 brand ambassadors
• Working to develop alumni as donors to N36
• Negotiate excusive deals for alumni (start-up perks, conference registrations, etc.)
• Oversee the alumni referral program
Preferred Candidate Specifications:
• Experience building and/or managing alumni or membership communities an asset
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications, particularly Word and Excel
• Experience with databases
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (a portfolio of previous writing may be requested)
• Experience managing content for websites and blogs
• Event management experience an asset
• Good multi-tasker
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Sound judgment and discretion
• A flexible and cooperative team player
• Effective under pressure
• Keen to work in a young, dynamic and ambitious organization as a key member of a small team
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their c.v. and cover letter by October 25 to firstname.lastname@example.org or The Next 36 - 130 Bloor St. West, Unit 702, Toronto, ON M5S 1N5.
The Next 36 thanks all candidates for their applications. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The Next 36 is a resource-rich program designed to nurture the entrepreneurial promise of 36 undergraduates with extraordinary potential each year. It was founded by a small group of entrepreneurs, business leaders and academics in response to Canada's need for more high-impact entrepreneurs, and is championed by Founding Patrons W. Galen Weston, Paul Desmarais, Sr. and Jimmy Pattison.
For nine months, 36 young entrepreneurs are mentored by Canada’s top business leaders, taught by some of the world's top business faculty, and work to earn funding from top venture capitalists. The Next 36 has developed a unique selection process, curriculum and venture development program, which have resulted in immediate national demand from students and unparalleled support from the business, academic and investment community. No program in the world provides the same mix of CEO mentorship, investment, academic instruction, networking opportunities and exclusive events.