This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Reporting to the Director, Global Campus Recruitment, the successful candidate will lead, manage and develop a team of Recruiters to deliver against the RBC Global Campus Recruitment strategy, with a focus on Diversity. This strategy will bring to life RBC’s unique employment brand and create awareness of the vast opportunities RBC has available for students. This position focuses on being strategic for the types of events for branding RBC to students, which will build upon RBC’s reputation as Employer of Choice. This role ensures that consistent, high quality on-campus recruitment best practices are used, and reflect positively on RBC’s competitive position in marketplace for top talent at the campus and student level. The role will enable the attraction of diverse talent into the organization and develop multiple talent pipelines through co-op and internships, direct hires, career programs, social media, competitions, student ambassador programs, etc. This role will also champion relations with external organizations (e.g. Universities, Colleges, CACEE, Talent Egg, etc.) through networking and special events in order to build valuable, reciprocal relationships critical to RBC’s success in Campus Recruitment.
• Lead, manage, coach and develop a team of Recruiters to ensure RBC campus recruitment goals are achieved (1 or 2 direct reports).
• Use TalentLink system / tools to assess performance; ensure challenging development plans are prepared and executed.
• Build the RBC brand and ensure that all student/campus programs are aligned to the needs of the business.
• Act as a subject matter expert for RBC Campus Recruitment.
• Contribute to development and lead implementation of world-class campus recruitment strategy for positions within Canada in partnership with HR and business partners (i.e. NGI).
• Reporting & Analytics - Maintain metrics reporting for all campus and candidate activities. This includes providing quarterly and year end reports and conversion rates, offers of acceptance, diversity and school statistics.
• Identify new academic programs and intake opportunities to enhance RBC talent pipeline.
• Develop onboarding and assimilation programs for students connecting them to various platforms of RBC.
• Responsible to position RBC as an employer of choice on Campus by developing mutually valued relationships with Career Centre staff, clubs, associations and students.
• Scout and attract top talent inline with the business partner’s expectations, coaching the hiring managers on trends, policies and practices.
• Build and promote a strong employee value proposition and pitch on campus enticing students to want to join the RBC team!
• Manage the recruitment operations process using TalentLink including job postings, offer letter, salary negotiations, announcements etc.
• Remain current with industry trends, competitive knowledge and ensure RBC approach remains current and competitive in relation to recruitment Social media – (LinkedIn / Twitter) act as a Champion & Ambassador while positioning RBC as a leader.
The position requires travel to campus sites and event; flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed for campus initiatives.
• 5+ years progressive HR experience including 2-4 years within Recruitment.
• Previous Campus Recruitment experience strongly PREFERRED.
• Technology and Operations domain knowledge / experience is key.
• Project and Program Management skills.
• Previous people management / leadership experience.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to gain confidence of stakeholders quickly
• Results oriented, multitasking and strong sense of urgency
• Strong communication skills (Verbal & Written) with the ability to deliver presentations on campus.
• Comfort level & engagement with Social Media (LinkedIn / Twitter); Use of social media tools.
• Solid technical skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, PP and Word)
• Post Secondary education in HR and/or Business preferred
• CHRP considered an Asset.
Diversity in the workplace, one of our shared values, lies at the heart of our rewarding, open, supportive and inclusive work environment. We respect and respond to the many competing and evolving priorities in our lives so you can focus on what you can do best – put clients first.