This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Education
This Business Development position is a part-time contract position reporting to the Manager, Co-operative Education and Internships. The incumbent works collaboratively with the Co-operative Education team and Faculty to identify and connect with new employers related to all areas of Co-op and promote Seneca's Co-operative Education as a whole.
• Conducts internet research to identify new potential co-operative education employers.
• Develops new employer contacts through varied means including, but not exclusive to, mailing/contact lists, on-site visits, telephone solicitation, and supplied leads.
• Works collaboratively with all members of the co-operative education team to develop a comprehensive understanding of all co-op programs and the related industries.
• Guides new employers to the appropriate co-op coordinator for job posting and ongoing employer relationship maintenance.
• Attends networking events, trade shows, job fairs and other events to actively promote Seneca's 50 Co-operative Education programs and identify industry specific new potential employers.
• Assists employers in evaluating present and future human resources requirements to generate appropriate Co-op jobs.
• Provides feedback to the Manager with regards to suggestions made by the employers that will impact on curriculum in terms of content or sequencing of subjects taught.
• Promotes the college in general and co-operative education programs by making formal presentations to business and industrial groups, service clubs, etc.
• Minimum 3 year diploma / degree in Human Resources, Marketing, or Business Administration or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in job development, business development, education/training, career counselling, recruitment, human resources, marketing or student services.
• Knowledge of the Canadian labour market is required.
• Excellent business writing and oral communication skills are essential.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required along with the ability to write for both print and electronic media.
• Strong marketing/presentation skills are required to successfully promote Seneca College and its co-op students, to external employers and organizations.
• Strong research skills, combined with an understanding and ability to work with alternate research methodologies is required.
• Knowledge of co-operative education, College structure, policies and procedures is an asset.
• Must be a self-starter and self-motivated, with the ability to prioritize and work both independently and as a team, with minimum supervision, using own initiative to make decisions in accordance with College, Faculty and School policies and procedures.
• Must have strong skills and experience in customer service; and time, process and stress management.
• Access to a reliable vehicle for some travel is required.
CONTRACT PERIOD: April, 2014 to March 2015
HOURS: Up to 24 hours/week
NOTE: A skills assessment may be administered during the recruitment process.
Seneca College is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, especially aboriginal persons, francophone, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. Upon request by the applicant, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
TO APPLY: Please prepare a covering letter and resume (as one document) and apply online at www.senecacollege.ca/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.