This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
This position reports to the Director of Student Employment Services and is responsible for providing employment-related expertise, information and guidance to current students and recent graduates of the University of New Brunswick.
• Provide professional employment advising to students, graduates and new alumni of UNB, in individual appointments and in group settings.
• Advise UNB Students on summer, part-time and full-time employment opportunities (on and off campus including work abroad) in their academic discipline.
• Assist students develop job readiness skills, clarify their goals, identify relevant employment/career exploration opportunities.
• Develop and deliver classroom talks and effective student-centred workshops and webinars on topics such as: job search strategies/networking; writing professional resumes, cover letters and CVs; cultivating employment references; mastering employment interviews; workplace ethics; and career fair preparation.
• Deliver several weekly workshops, talks, presentations, and information sessions for students at UNB throughout the academic year and manage workshop registrations and evaluations.
• Advise students on upcoming campus recruitment activities, on campus information sessions, internship programs, government programs and deadlines, entry-level positions, networking and related employment initiatives.
• Play a support role in the Fall Career Fair, the Education Career Fair, Summer and Graduating Student Career Fair, and other campus recruitment activities.
• Promote/advertise on-going student employment services, activities, joint initiatives, postings and assist with related administrative tasks.
• A post-secondary degree is required.
• Knowledge of employment and job search strategies, including use of social media in their job search.
• Competence using Microsoft suite, with an aptitude for learning new applications.
• Experience with a diverse population would be considered an asset.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with ability to work with people of various ages, backgrounds and cultures.
• Some flexibility in work hours. May include some evening and/or weekend work.
• Two to three years of experience in a professional workplace with experience in teaching, coaching or advising would be an asset.
• Knowledge of UNBF programs of study would be an asset.
Salary: $34,125 - $42,658
UNB Fredericton, Human Resources
Room 102, Physics & Admin Building
Fax: 560 453-4611