This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Other
HEQCO seeks skilled public policy/education/social science students or graduates to join our small and dynamic research team. We are looking forward to the opportunity to help you develop and enhance knowledge and skills that will be useful for your career success, as well as familiarize you with the current landscape of public policy research in the postsecondary sector in Ontario.
Reporting to one of HEQCO’s executive directors, the research intern may be responsible for any or all of the following:
- conducting literature reviews and performing scans on policy development
- writing and preparing requests for proposals, briefings, reports, graphs, tables and presentations for senior researchers
- assisting in statistical data analysis and evaluation using data analysis software such as STATA or SPSS
- organizing and/or participating in projects, workshops, conferences, etc.
As the research intern, you will be involved in a number of research activities. You will collaborate with senior HEQCO colleagues on research projects where you will be exposed to a variety of research methods in public policy. Your work will normally be guided by a HEQCO researcher who will assist in developing your skills and knowledge and provide guidance and advice during your internship.
- currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a university graduate/postgraduate program in public policy, education, social science or a related field
- understanding of policy planning, research, analysis, design, development and evaluation processes
- organized, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- familiarity with MS Office software
- experience in applied research utilizing quantitative and/or qualitative methods
- relevant work experience
- knowledge of the postsecondary sector, particularly in Ontario
Number of Positions: TBD
Interested applicants are invited to submit both a cover letter and resume electronically to HEQCO by Monday, March 10, 2014 11:59 pm EDT at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. Attach your cover letter and resume as one (1) PDF or Word document using the following naming format: 2014-summerintern-LastNameFirstName
All interviews will take place in person at the HEQCO office. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will be required to provide three (3) references.
The Higher Education Quality Council of Ontario supports evidence based research within the scope of its mandate from:
- Postsecondary research institutions and their affilated institutions
- Public or non-profit organizations and
- Other individuals or organizations