This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting to the Associate Director, Career & Leadership Development Centre, the Coordinator of Employer & Alumni Engagement is responsible for establishing new and maintaining existing relationships with industry employers/hiring companies for the benefit of all students at Dalhousie University.
• Develop and execute an employer engagement strategy to promote the recruitment of Dalhousie graduates to existing and potential employers. Focus will be on developing long term relationships with outstanding companies and organizations across Canada and internationally.
• In collaboration with the Services & Operations Administrator, coordinate on-campus recruitment activities for employers.
• Work collaboratively with the Associate Director, the Joint Employer Development Initiative (JEDI) and other partners on campus to develop and implement both new and existing opportunities for students to connect with employers.
• Design an effective model for the mentoring program that outlines expectations of students and mentors.
• Work collaboratively with Dalhousie Alumni Relations and other employer relations colleagues at Dalhousie to recruit employer mentors.
• Work with the Associate Director, and other on-campus partners to implement a strategy that will allow alumni access to the online career portal (myCareer) effectively.
• Conduct an annual needs assessment with recent alumni that focuses on career development and work with the Associate Director to implement new programs and services to address any gaps identified as a result of the needs assessment.
• Measure, evaluate, and record outcomes of the recruitment of Dalhousie graduates and alumni on an annual basis.
Completion of Undergraduate degree in related field such as business communication, social work or another related field along with at least 3 years’ experience in employer development for recruitment, client/customer relations, event management, mentorship programs etc. (or an equal combination of training and experience) is required. Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Proven ability to deliver successful programming of events, workshops and online services. A strong analytical and problem solving skill along with demonstrated ability to establish positive collaborative work relationships is essential.
As an employer of choice, Dalhousie University offers an attractive total compensation package, including health and dental plans, a health spending account and an employee and family assistance plan.
(This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months.)
To apply, please visit: dal.ca/careers
Questions can be directed to Chris Glover, Associate Director, Career & Leadership Development Centre. firstname.lastname@example.org
Dalhousie is a leading, research-intensive Canadian university offering a wealth of programs through diverse faculties. With campuses located in Halifax and Truro, Nova Scotia, as well as a Medical School site in Saint John, New Brunswick, Dalhousie has more than 6,000 faculty and staff who make up the university’s energetic academic community. We are consistently recognized as one of Nova Scotia’s best employers, and we are one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2012, 2013 and 2014.
The Career & Leadership Development (C & LD) team provides support to students with employment, volunteer, and career endeavors through Career Advising, Leadership Programs, online job postings & resources, and employer recruitment events.