This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting to the Director, Student Affairs, the Manager, Career Services, plays a key role in George Brown College’s mission of creating “job ready graduates”. Responsible for leadership and strategic direction of career development programming and services at George Brown College, the Manager develops and facilitates the implementation of operational and strategic plans to ensure that all Career Service centres achieve the Career Centre vision, mission, and objectives. The Manager works pro-actively and collaboratively with academic divisions, industry liaison/co-op offices, student services across the college, employers and other external partners, effectively leading planning and ensuring the delivery of responsive and tailored services that positively impact student retention, success, and graduate employment across all academic divisions.
• Provides leadership and strategic direction for career development programming and services offered through Career Services for students and areas across the college, strategically determining most effective models based on client needs and divisional goals, and developing and implementing plans that are coordinated and aligned across the college.
• Responsible for the effective operations of Career Service Centres at each campus, the online employment service (“GBCareers”) and the Student Employment Program.
• Leads the Career Service team, including selection, development, evaluation and training of staff; Provides leadership to the Career team in innovative career advising and career development programming, employer liaison and relationship development, researching labour market trends, designing student-focused service delivery, and using technology effectively in service delivery.
• Directs and oversees marketing, outreach, and relationship-buliding internally and externally to promote awareness and encourage use of the services.
• Sources sponsorship and partnership opportunities for Career Service growth and development. Negotiates effective relationships to ensure Career Service Centre services are in demand across the college, and externally, are the partner of choice for employers.
• Provides leadership and direction for all tools and resources used in advancing student career development and employment attainment, including the online job posting system, employer database, student handbooks, scheduling and data collection systems, ePortfolio, interview, and resume, etc. software/platforms.
• Ensures evidence-based practice through regular data collection and analysis of service impacts, outcomes and client satisfaction.
• Monitors and assesses services, and makes decisions about resourcing and service improvements using research results on outcomes and satisfaction for continual improvement.
• Leads the design and development of new initiatives internally with divisional areas, and externally with community and industry partners.
The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
REASONS TO JOIN GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE
• Professional Development Assistance for Undergraduate Studies ($5,000) and Graduate Studies ($10,000) (total for the term of employment).
• Ability to enroll in courses through Continuing Education for a minimum administrative fee.
• Full Time Employee Benefits, Pension & Family Tuition Reimbursement Program.
• Active in the community we live in! Many community partnerships.
For more information on George Brown College, please visit our website at http://www.georgebrown.ca
AVOID DELAY...APPLY TODAY...WILL BE POSTED UNTIL FILLED!
Salary: $76,436 - $95, 544
TO APPLY: Go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the Employment @ George Brown Link to apply through our online job application system.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS FOR THEIR INTEREST IN THIS POSITION, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and aboriginal peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
About George Brown College
Toronto’s George Brown College has established a reputation for equipping students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. The college offers programs from its three campuses located across the downtown core, including its newest location at the Toronto waterfront, which opened in September 2012. George Brown offers 135 full-time programs and 189 continuing education certificates/designations across a wide variety of professions to a student body of over 24,800 (full-time equivalent) students, including over 3,200 international students; and over 61,000 continuing education registrants. Students can earn certificates, diplomas, postgraduate certificates, apprenticeships and degrees. www.georgebrown.ca