This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Events
The Next 36 is seeking a highly organized, motivated and creative marketing professional to join a team of nine staff, and a growing network of mentors, advisors, volunteers and donors. The individual will support the work of the Director, Marketing & Events, playing an integral role in the execution of the organization’s digital marketing strategy. The Marketing Coordinator is heavily involved in the planning and delivery of recruitment events, the creation of compelling marketing materials, is responsible for administrative support for the department and helps manage relationships with a national network of key university, media, and stakeholder contacts.
The role is based out of The Next 36 office at Bloor and University, in midtown Toronto. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
• Assist Director, Marketing & Events with the design and execution of marketing activities to maximize exposure of The Next 36 to stakeholders, potential applicants and the public
• Manage all social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Contribute heavily to digital marketing strategy and manage content on website
• Develop and execute email marketing campaigns / e-newsletters
• Conduct ongoing research and maintain databases of key contacts, top applicant prospects, high priority external events and affiliated organizations
• Develop strong visuals for website, social media, recruitment campaigns, presentations and events (banners, promo items, PowerPoint presentations, signage, etc.)
• Track media coverage and assist in expanding the organization’s media profile (engage key media, assist with distribution of press releases, event invitations, maintain media log and media kit)
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key university contacts, student organizations, and relevant industry organizations
• Assist in the planning and execution of recruitment events, including N36 hosted functions, campus visits, hackathons, external conferences and competitions
• Assist Director in analyzing the effectiveness of marketing activities
• Support the other areas of the organization, including coverage of classes at the Entrepreneurship Institute
• Provide administrative support as needed (mailings, nametags, etc.)
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
• A solid understanding of marketing principals and digital marketing practices
• Strong internet research skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with email marketing campaigns and relevant software programs
• Proficiency in social media management and publishing platforms
• Graphic design and desktop publishing experience an asset (Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
• Web design and content management skills an asset (CMS and/or HTML & CSS)
• Video editing skills an asset
• Experience / familiarity with post-secondary and/or startup environments an asset
• Good multi-tasker; can effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and works effectively under pressure
• A flexible and cooperative team player; positive “can-do” attitude
• Highly personable and outgoing
• High level of integrity and professionalism when dealing with diverse stakeholder groups
• Keen to work in a growing, dynamic and ambitious organization as a key member of a small team
Qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their c.v. and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or The Next 36 - 130 Bloor St. West, Unit 702, Toronto, ON M5S 1N5. The Next 36 hopes to fill the position quickly and strong applicants will be contacted promptly for an interview.
The Next 36 thanks all candidates for their applications. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
About The Next 36
The Next 36 addresses Canada's deficit of high impact entrepreneurship by providing resource-rich education programs to promising young entrepreneurs. It was founded by a small group of business leaders and academics and is championed by Founding Patrons W. Galen Weston, Paul Desmarais, Sr. and Jimmy Pattison. We believe that by fast-tracking the development of Canada’s most talented young innovators, we will help create industry-changing businesses and grow Canada's long-term prosperity. The Next Founders is the second program from The Next 36 and is designed for young founders of tech start-ups looking to scale quickly.