This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
Under direct supervision, assist students, graduates and other designated clients in developing, evaluating and/or implementing career and employment plans and strategies with the end result being employment related to the student’s Everest training. Maintain an acceptable employment rate through on-going networking and the development and maintenance of relationships with employers in the community. Establish department goals and objectives in order to maintain an acceptable employment rate of graduates employed within a specified period after program completion in accordance with college, accreditation and corporate guidelines.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIMARY DUTIES
New Business/Job Lead Development
• Build employer relationships by targeting specific industries and marketing Everest career services
• Employ ethical placement practices which meet all regulatory and company standards.
• Maintaining contact with current employers for ongoing paid, practicum and work experience opportunities
• Following-up with current employers to ensure positions are filled and/or closed, generation of new opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction
• Maintain an active lead generation system to ensure sufficient job opportunities
Account Management (External and Internal)
• Participates in networking events such as Board of Trade, Chamber of Commerce and other relevant associations.
• Maintain an active and positive relationship with employers in the community, sponsor on-campus recruiting, participate in Career Fairs, coordinate employer presentations, attend job fairs, and distribute marketing materials to generate job leads.
• Achieve targeted minimum placement run rates as set by Director Career Services.
• Assist in the development and implementation of effective ways to promote Career Services to students, alumni and faculty.
• Assist all qualified graduates in their job seeking efforts by coaching students and graduates in resume and portfolio development, career goal assessment, interviewing techniques, and personal appearance.
• Contribute to the research and analysis of employment trends in the local business community to provide the school staff and graduates with information on changes in the job market and recommend appropriate changes in the school curriculum.
• Regularly update the current database system (CampusVue) with new hires and graduate information.
• Maintain an up-to-date data management system of all employer student and graduate information.
• Complete weekly reports for management.
• Assist with all aspects of graduation ceremonies.
Performs all duties inherent in a Career Services Representative / Professional_Technical role. May be assigned other duties and special projects as required.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND BUSINESS EXPERTISE
University degree or combination of post secondary education – from an accredited educational institution recognized by Everest – and relevant Career Services experience.
Technical skills/software knowledge
• One to three years in a similar role
• understanding of career building principles;
• job search techniques;
• understanding of marketing
Three typical problems that are required to be solved in this job:
1. Scheduling of classes - facilitating workshops, scheduling practicums, availability for students
2. Employment barriers due to language skills
3. Contacting unavailable graduates
SCOPE OF DISCRETION & ACCOUNTABILITY
Decisions that this position has the authority to make on their own:
1. Confirm employment
2. Screen and present candidates to employers
Contact Renee Baptiste-Skyers at email@example.com