This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting to the Director of Career and Counselling Services, the incumbent develops relationships with the employer community to generate employment opportunities for co-op students and also graduates. The incumbent engages with a variety of organizations within the employer community to uncover hidden job leads and create employment opportunities for students that complement the learning in their academic programs. This involves getting to know the College, its programs, its faculty and student profile and building on those internal networks as well as external links, which includes professional associations and the various employer organizations in the community. The Job Developer will work closely with the team of Co-operative Education Advisors to ensure that prospecting activities are aligned with co-op work term enrolment trends as well as the educational and skills profile of students.
• Source business contacts, conduct outreach to the employer community in order to uncover employment opportunities and persuade employers to hire co-op students and graduates
• Facilitate presentations to the business community and hiring managers to promote the co-op program and Centennial graduates in general
• Provide employers with information about co-operative education programs, students’ educational paths and technical competencies that allow them to assess current and future human resources needs and develop job descriptions
• Assess work sites for safety and appropriateness of training conditions and ensure that workplace legislative and insurance requirements are being met by employers
• Assist with the recruitment of employers for job fairs, networking events and other career development activities hosted by the department
• Attend job fairs and community industry events to establish new connections and generate leads
• Maintain documentation of all outreach activities and communication with employers
• Document job leads and information obtained from all employer communication in the Customer Relationship Management(CRM) system
• Prepare a monthly report outlining prospecting and job development activity, new prospects, outcomes and labour market trends
• 3 year diploma or degree in Business (i.e. Marketing, Human Resources) or related field
• Minimum of five years’ related experience in job development or business development in an educational, business or community service environment, and relevant sales experience
• strong relationship building, persuasion and negotiation skills
• Proven track record in a target-based environment and demonstrated success meeting and exceeding performance goals, including experience delivering sales presentations
• Excellent communication skills, and a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite and experience with customer relations management systems
• Knowledge of labour market, the GTA employment market, Centennial College programs, employment trends and creative marketing strategies
• A valid Ontario G Driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
• Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. We live this value through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity groups including: Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
Classification: Full-time Support Staff
Location: Progress Campus
Hours per week: 35
Current Shift Schedule: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Salary: $35.17 to $40.77per hour (Payband J)
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by August 26, 2015 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #15-S-45. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).