This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The role of the Career Advisor (CA) is focused on helping our MBA students develop and analyse their personal career strategy through coaching and communications support. This will ensure students are ready to access recruiting channels in a way that is thoughtful, well managed and effective in augmenting the students’ and the schools’ brand as a source of top tier talent for organizations.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
A) Skills Coach to Students
The MBA Career Advisor (CA) works closely with students interested in the Consulting sector. Their role is to support the students’ developing their career strategy by introducing various online tools and frameworks to help to assess their career goals and implement a feasible career action plan. The CA works with their students to further their performance necessary to be successful in attaining their goals, including performance management coaching on key criteria for career selection, appropriate communications, the key concepts of personal branding, reputation management, networking, and interview performance. This will ensure Ivey students are differentiated as the best prepared and most competitive candidates for the positions they seek.
Within this key objective of the role, there is a focus on developing our students’ knowledge, communications skill set and professionalism practices. This is done using proven executive coaching principles, and an understanding of the tactical and strategic processes within the MBA marketplaces’ recruiting cycles for industries outside of financial and professional services, and within the non-traditional MBA career paths (the independent job search channel). While working with the Client Relations team, the coach is aligned with the Consulting portfolio manager. The CA will possess a deep understanding of the recruiting market, its firms and the performance expected of our students in a competitive recruiting environment.
B) Programming/Service Design and Support:
The MBA Career Advisor (CA) works closely with the Career Management team to develop and deliver programs to MBA students. The CA will proactively research relevant industry and career related resources and recommend how students can best leverage Ivey’s corporate partners, alumni, resources and peers within the School. The CA may facilitate related programming to refine and prepare students for consulting industry-specific networking and interview formats to provide them with a competitive edge into these industries.
1. An undergraduate University Degree and well-rounded background of extra-curricular activities and interests.
2. Experience with HR, Executive/Performance Management Coaching, Career Management, Outplacement or Executive Search roles in a variety of related industries. Experience in the Consulting industry is an asset.
3. Experience in training and development, program design, employee relations, communications or recruitment is an asset.
4. Professional presence: ability to manage clients/stakeholders in a timely, efficient and respectful manner.
5. A demonstrated interest and knowledge of the North American business and job market.
6. Demonstrated track record of successful stakeholder management.
7. Demonstrated team player: must be comfortable self-managing a diverse workload, while understanding the necessity for team collaboration.
8. Demonstrated energy and enthusiasm for the role, awareness of the impact of the position on internal and external stakeholders.
9. Experience facilitating large groups and/or formally presenting with a discerning and sometimes challenging audience an asset.
10. Working knowledge of career management processes.
11. Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
12. Creativity and initiative: ability to recommend alternatives; innovative in program design, particularly related to new ways of delivering service and building relationships.
13. Resourceful, adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
Location: Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
This is a 2 year renewable contract position with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should forward their applications in confidence to: email@example.com. Please reference CM256 in the subject line. Candidates will be considered as applications are received. The posting will remain open until a candidate is identified.
The Ivey Business School (www.ivey.ca) at Western University is widely regarded as Canada’s most prestigious business school and is among the top in the world. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey equips students with the knowledge and capabilities they need to confidently take on business leadership challenges and opportunities. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs as well as Executive Education at campuses in London (Ontario), Toronto and Hong Kong.