This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
Ryerson Career Centre
At the Ryerson Career Centre, we build careers for life. We are committed to providing our students and alumni with innovative career assessment and development skills so they can excel in the workplace now and throughout their careers. Canada’s top employers will receive customized recruiting opportunities and strategies to connect with and hire the best possible candidates, whether current students, adult learners, or recent graduates. We seek a dynamic, innovative, and strategic individual to actively contribute to this growing environment.
As a Campus Engagement Specialist, you will develop and deliver programs and other methods to provide our students with knowledge and opportunities to build their professional profile. You will design, develop, deliver and evaluate a full suite of recruitment offerings and career education programs aimed at connecting assigned sector specific employers with students, alumni, and faculty across campus. You will also lead the sourcing of graduate recruitment and experiential learning opportunities by working collaboratively with employers, students, assigned faculty members, and the assigned Career Education Specialist to ensure alignment between the student’s experience, employer needs, and Faculty curriculum. As the liaison between employer partners and the central Career Centre, you will engage in the development of Faculty-based Career Development Programs and the Centre’s core offerings. Additionally, you will develop stakeholder partnerships and design and implement career education programming tailored to the distinct needs of diverse student and alumni groups.
- The completion of a post-secondary degree with at least 4 years’ experience in higher education, community development or graduate recruitment experience is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to apply professional/specialist recruitment, industry and sector knowledge and experience to develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders to support the Centre’s employer engagement strategy
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills are required in order to build employer relationships and showcase engagement benefits to employers via e.g. presentations and 1:1 meetings.
- Strong knowledge of the labour market and graduate recruitment trends with the ability to interpret and communicate these trends to clients (Students and Alumni, faculty and employers).
- Knowledge of issues related to employment barriers, workplace accommodation, and needs of a diverse client population (e.g., first generation, Aboriginal, adult learners, etc.)
- An understanding of and willingness to engage in data collection, analysis, and on-going program evaluation as a central component of strategic planning and program development.
- Knowledge of current/emerging theories and practices in career education and classroom delivery.
- Experience in using social media platforms as communication vehicles for promotional and educational purposes.
- Knowledge MS Office, custom databases, Client Relations Management (CRM) systems and web-based applications, social media platforms, etc.
- Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, taking an agile approach to continuous improvement of student offerings.
- Experience in evaluating service delivery methods and approaches along with effective liaison between students, employers and the University.
Please complete the assignment below to complete your application in addition to your resume and cover letter. Your response should not exceed 1000 words. Applications will not be considered complete without a response to this assignment.
Please submit a proposal to the Leadership Team in the Ryerson Career Centre to convince them of your plan to bring Johnson & Johnson on board as an employer partner. Your goal is to secure the Leadership Team's approval for your strategy before sharing it with Johnson & Johnson. The plan should include:
- How you foresee building the relationship with Johnson & Johnson's recruiter(s),
- Reasons you will use to convince Johnson & Johnson to recruit the Ryerson students, recent graduates, and alumni that will best meet this employer's needs,
- A suite of potential activities for Johnson & Johnson to be involved with, and
- Operational considerations.
Be creative and concise (maximum 1,000 words) in your approach.
- Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing.
- Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
Thank you for your interest in applying for the Campus Engagement Specialist Role. In order to apply, please click here.
Please ensure you apply using the Apply Online button and upload your application (cover letter, resume, and assignment) as one PDF document.