This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
The University of Windsor is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Experiential Education Coordinator within the Department of Career Development & Experiential Learning.
The Experiential Education Coordinator will support current experiential education at UWindsor and future growth across the university. The incumbent tells the story of experiential education, including identifying, cultivating, tracking/reporting, and maintaining relationships with community partners, students and faculty to source experiential education opportunities that support the goals and curriculum of faculties and co-curricular programming. S/he works with campus stakeholders to promote, track and report on experiential education opportunities available to students, external industry, community, and agency partners.
The successful candidate will have:
• Honours undergraduate degree
• Minimum three (3) years of directly related full-time work experience with university experiential education programming and/or academic support programming
• Demonstrated knowledge of student career development theories and effective practice in experiential learning
• Demonstrated understanding of innovative approaches to experiential education pedagogy
• Demonstrated understanding of experiential education, such as community-based research, internship/co-op programming, service learning, practicums, clinical and field placements.
• Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and opportunities related to the development and implementation of academic experiential education
• Demonstrated experience working with faculty members, academic departments, students, and student support units
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of university and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience, and understanding of, diversity and equity issues with response to post-secondary students, including identification and addressing barriers to experiential education participation
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and both database development and management
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, strategize, and develop innovative solutions to operational problems and challenges
• Student life programming experience
Please forward your confidential cover letter, resume and Application for Employment, quoting the Ad reference number (2017-13-60), no later than Monday, December 18th, 2017 - 4:00pm. Applicants are asked to forward their documents electronically to:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in the University of Windsor, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applications submitted through employment agencies will not be considered