This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
BCIT’s Centre for Workplace Education is looking for a regular, full time Supervisor. This position supervises the administrative operations of the Center for Workplace Education department in the administration of co-op placements and e-jobs services. The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the Program Assistant staff, ensures service levels are maintained, establishes departmental procedures and protocols, and maintains accuracy of internal placement data.
Duties include maintaining the financial records of the department, payment processing, training staff on departmental procedures, monitoring and assigning work to Program Assistants, maintaining accurate departmental records, and maintaining staffing levels. Upon discussion with staff and under the direction of the Director, Student Success, serves as the administrator for internal software system and implements change to maintain business processes that maximize departmental effectiveness and provide a high degree of service to students and employers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Coordinates the work of three Program Assistants and any auxiliary staff in providing administrative functioning of co-op placements and e-jobs job posting services. Must provide backup to these positions, as necessary.
• Supervises support staff including selection, training in Center for Workplace Education procedures and performance management. Allocates work, schedules breaks, establishes priorities and resolves problems. Ensures the maintenance and appropriate records and documentation for all staff members.
• Trains staff including stakeholders on processes related to the proficient use of internal database system used to track and maintain accurate records of students, employers, jobs, and evaluations of students. Ensures that all administrative processes such as filing, data tracking, electronic records, and educational materials are maintained according to departmental processes.
• Ensures staff are apprised of updated information, policies, processes and technology.
• Troubleshoots difficult administrative situations, taking immediate action to resolve issues for students, employers, and staff without any further consultation. Refers especially difficult situations to the Program Head or Director.
• Processes, monitors, and records daily sales revenues, cash receipts, invoices, purchase orders, cross charges, petty cash, and Visa card transactions, and monitors and reconciles departmental.
• Plans, develops, updates, documents and implements policies, systems and procedures through consultation with staff, manager, other BCIT departments and/or committees. Gathers data and prepares reports and recommendations on staffing, budgeting, scheduling, facilities and equipment matters. This position provides statistical reporting for the department.
• Maintains departmental websites and promotional materials.
• Orders and maintains departmental supplies and equipment.
• Maintains and distributes student posting registry that identifies all students on placements out of town.
• Serves as the power user for the internal database. Maintains accurate data and serves as internal liaison with vendor on the maintenance and troubleshooting of the database.
• Liaises with the Program Head in setting departmental priorities and projecting work flow.
• Oversees the administration of the e-jobs database, processes the revenue, maintains the training materials, and establishes appropriate service levels.
• Works with the Director, Program Head, and Marketing and Communications department representative to establish annual employer and student recruitment of e-jobs users.
• Establishes policy and procedure guidelines and participates in training initiatives as identified by the department.
• Participates and develops long- and short-term objectives for the Center for Workplace Education department and provides guidance and tools to ensure these are met.
• Identifies potential issues and makes recommendations for changes/improvements to the Program Head.
• Works with the Information Technology staff in analyzing system requirements and upgrade needs.
• Maintains, updates, and assigns monthly tasks associated with the processing of student and employer information.
• Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
• Undertakes related duties as assigned by the Director consistent with the job grade for this position.
• Diploma of Business, Technology or completion of equivalent two-year program.
• Two years of supervisory experience plus two years of administrative experience, preferably in a post-secondary environment.
• An equivalent combination and education and experience may be considered.
• Must have thorough knowledge of BCIT program/course delivery models and BCIT student services.
• Strong computer skills with proven experience using database software.
• Preference for those candidates with experience using Banner and Symplicity products.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Must possess excellent leadership and diplomacy skills with proven experience creating a positive team environment.
• Excellent telephone and electronic communication skills.
• Proven ability to work independently and effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to deal with difficult or sensitive matters, using tact and discretion.
• Must have superior interpersonal communication skills with experience providing feedback.
• Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and make responsible decisions.
• Must be comfortable with technology; have intermediate level skills in MS Office and a keyboarding speed of 50 wpm.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
• A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan.
• Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
• Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
• Subsidized parking and fitness facilities.
• Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Salary: $50,455 with yearly increments to $54,849 per annum.
More details available on-line: